Monday, April 21, 2008

Buckle your seat belt

Emerson had a great day today. No melt downs to speak of. Today is the first day I really feel like she is starting to feel better. We will see how long that lasts.

Did I mention that she was very bad at Mother's Day out Friday. She spent most of the day in "Time Out", which according to her teacher's, do not phase her much. She was guilty of pushing. Wait, that's not it, hitting. Yes, there is more- PULLING HAIR. You can imagine my embarrassment and surprise. I think the doctor's took more than her adenoids. She has been known to hit Denny and me some and we are working on that. But pushing and pulling hair- Oh, no mam I will not have it. If you ask Emerson about the events at school on Friday she will tell you, "Push K.K. Time Out" Or another version is "K.K. push. Not nice. Time Out." She is well aware of what happened and does not seem real concerned. Tomorrow is a school day. We will see how it goes.

As Denny and danced around with Emerson in her room tonight saying our prayers, I realized at what lengths we will go to keep her happy and healthy. She laughed so hard at our bedtime antics and the more she laughed the sillier we danced. There is nothing better than her laughter.
She is growing so fast and it is true they don't stay sweet and little long. She is diving, much like she does on the slides at the park, head first into those testy two's with no fear and such a sense of self. As a friend just told me, "Buckle your seat belt sister. It's gonna be a bumpy ride."

No comments: