Monday, September 22, 2008

The Gurls

Emerson waits for "The Gurls"- Emily, Lauren and Mallory to get home from school most days. They live next door to us. She loves to play with them and hears them like radar. Today they came over to play. They had a "surprise b-day party" with Emerson's wooden birthday cake.On a much more serious note- someone took my sweet, affectionate, outgoing and obedient little girl and I want her back. I am telling myself she must be going to cut one hell of a tooth soon and this is the reason for her recent change in behavior. She has run me raged today and most of the weekend with her whines, cries for nothing, "No's" and "Stop it's". Oh wait, I forgot the "Leave me alone." Everything breaks her heart and is a battle. Naps these days- all but non-existent. I have let her cry for up to one hour and she will not let up until I go get her up. On a positive note, she has come to realize that she will not win the "Refuses to eat" battle and we do get to eat most meals peacefully. Most.

I am trying to be consistent and hope this phase (Please Lord Jesus let this be a phase) will pass soon. Do they make 5, 6 or 7 day a week Mother's Day out programs? Just checking...

Denny's response to this new behavior has been- "What are you going to do about that?"

No comments: