Sunday, May 18, 2008

School's Out

I do not know how to break it to Emerson that school is out and she has several weeks left until she goes back. Luckily she has no concept of time. Her last day was last Tuesday and the end of the year picnic was Wednesday. She had lots of fun. Everyday since, she says "Skoo day tomorrow Momma." Saturday none of us got dressed and we all three did small projects around the house all day. She was especially helpful cleaning out the storage room outside. Of course she picked up ever nail, hammer, exacto knife and fertilizer she could find.

Denny says she looks like "Rosie the Riveter". I am sure you asking who the hell that is just like I did. Denny launched into some story about the war and when all the men went off to fight all the women had to go into factories and build something. Apparently, there is some famous picture entitled "Rosie the Riveter". I have never heard of such...Look it up...

Check out this do-


Today (Sunday) we took Emerson to the Audubon Zoo and we had a great time. She loved the sea lions and the birds the best. No nap today- what a sweet joy she has been this evening.

This picture just cracks me up. Her hand propped up like they are old friends or something.

It occurred to me yesterday that Emerson has never eaten a sandwich. What kind of a parent am I? I mean, what if she is given a sandwich and has no idea what to do with it. SO, I made her a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch. Denny and I watched closely as we had envisioned her eating it so quickly she needed 2 glasses of milk to wash it all down. I had cut it up into small pieces. I surely did not want to confuse her by slapping half a sandwich on her plate. I really thought the sweet jelly- which is another thing she has never had before because there is no real need for a child her age to eat jelly unless it is on a sandwich- sorry, back to the sweet jelly part- so I really thought the bread, which she loves, and the peanut butter and then add sweet jelly to that- what kid does not love this. Well, Emerson. She was sooo not impressed. She asked for carrots and tomato. Not sure why I had built this all up in my head, but very disappointing for me. I will try it again and see if she warms up to the idea. For now, we will stick to veggies and meats- boring.


1 comment:

shereet8 said...

check out the pic of Rosie...come on Chelle you have to know Rosie??

http://www.nps.gov/pwro/collection/website/home.htm