Thursday, May 24, 2012

End of the year

Another year has flown by and we now have a 1st grader living in our house.  Emerson brought her book sack home last week spilling over with art work, papers and end of the year prizes.  I am convinced more than ever that she may be exhibiting the beginning signs of hoarding.  This was in the front pocket of her book bag...  Rocks, a barrette, rocks, a google eye, rocks, a marble, rocks, some random first aid magnet, rocks and a pink ring.  Oh, did I mention rocks. When asked why she felt the need she said it would help her remember school during the summer. 



I love to get her art back.  These are my 2 favorites from this year that I plan to frame at some point.  This is her self portrait in watercolors.

And this is an owl she did with pastels.

Emerson and Ms. Romero.

As part of our end of the year festivities, I threw Emerson's teacher (with the help of some other parents) a surprise "End of the year wedding shower"  Ms. Romero is getting married in 2 weeks and of course we had to celebrate her wedding with her kids.  I made the boys card stock bow ties and the girls had veils (Denny's idea, so he gets the credit...I just had to execute the idea...of course!) The kids totally got into it.  I thought the boys were going to refuse to wear their bow ties, but they loved them. And what little girl does not love a veil!


What a good year and an even better teacher. Now, off to First Grade!  YIKES...

No comments: