Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Not exactly as I had hoped

Our stand-off at dinner tonight did not end as I had anticipated. The last few days, Emerson has all but refused to eat breakfast, lunch or dinner. I could fix all her favorites or exactly what she asks for and she will get to the table and start with the very dramatic "I am too tired to eat" or "My hand is too tired to hold the fork" or "I don't want that" or my all time favorite 2 "I have a stomach ache" and "I am not eating that"! I am not a short order cook in an all night diner and you eat what I fix. Tonight she had on her plate noodles, baked chicken and broccoli. She loves broccoli and will tell you it is her favorite food. She would have no part of any of it. Not one bite. I never require her to clean her plate, she just has to eat some bites of each thing on her plate. Denny and I finished and started cleaning the kitchen. The next thing we knew- asleep.
So I picked her up and put her to bed...at 6pm. At least I know she will be hungry at breakfast in the morning. We will see how that goes.

2 comments:

waiting said...

Poor baby! I told you she was going to take a nap:)

Fit Force said...

Poor little darling!