Monday, March 8, 2010

Fabulous Sunday in New Orleans

What a gorgeous day it was yesterday. We packed a picnic and headed to New Orleans. We picnicked in Audubon park near this cool fountain we have always liked. Denny made Emerson and me flower necklaces- Emerson thought that was the best!


We then went to the zoo...with every other person in the tri-state area. They were having some New Orleans Hornets event at the zoo which included the New Orleans Honeybees (I think that is what they are called) and Emerson just had to go talk to the cheerleaders!
Here is Em touching a piece of elephant poop that Denny swears is shellacked...Not convinced, but thank goodness for hand sanitizer. YUCK!

And a snake.
And a rat.



And we end our zoo visit with a carousel ride.
We spend the rest of the day running around in New Orleans doing a few more things. Needed to stop by Lakeside and of course dinner at Houston's. Emerson has had a very busy weekend and she fell asleep on the way home. We scooped her up and put her straight in the bed where she slept all night long and woke up this morning. She crawled into bed with me this morning.
Emerson: Momma, I had so much fun at the zoo.
Me: I know we did have a great day. You were so tired last night we put you into your bed form the car.
Emerson: Momma that is so silly.
Emerson: I still have on my clothes.
Me: Yes you do. You were so tired we did not wake you up.
Emerson laughs and then reality sets in.
Emerson: Wait. You did not give me a bath or shower?
Me: No baby, you were asleep.
Emerson: MOMMMMMM. Smell my arm. I stink! Can I take a bath now?
She is my daughter!!

No comments: