Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"MOOOOOOOOM, I can't do it"

These pictures remind me of a commercial I see often. It is the one about that "Amazing" over the shoulder, adjustable strap, genuine leather bag that holds all of the contents of your purse PLUS 2 full size bottles of water. Do you know the commercial I am talking about?
Well, this morning Emerson struts out of her playroom pushing the popcorn popper, holding every purse she owns- 10-13 I think- on her arm, is trying to hold a large plastic alligator wearing her pink boa and hawain lae all the while trying to put on a pair of yellow sunglasses. She quickly catches the reds because she drops all of it. What follows next is the very dramatic fall to the floor with the "MOOOOOOOM, I can't do it".
My instruction in passing- trying not to encourage the whining and crying- is to put some of her purses down into the larger ones and carry all of her stuff that way. She looks up and it was like a light went off. She stopped the whining and crying and went to it. She felt a real sense of accomplishment. I was just glad the whining stopped.




No comments: