Thursday, June 12, 2008

I have a confession...

I did it. You know that one thing all parents tell new parents not to do with regards to eating. I broke. I caved under the pressure. I gave into the marketing ploys. I gave Emerson crack for the first time. Yes, crack...for kids. I still have not said the name of the fine dining establishment out loud- in hopes she won't remember where the crack came from. In hopes she will not see the arches and start asking for it. I ordered a H*P*Y M*E*A* (You know what that is super secret code for people). IN DEFENSE OF MYSELF, I ordered the "Healthy crack". Nuggets, apples and whole milk. And DO NOT EVEN think she found out that sweet crack stuff, conveniently disguised as caramel dip, that goes along with the apples. In the garbage. I know what you are thinking- what about the toy. WELL, she has no idea the toy had anything to do with the meal. I pulled the toy out of my purse- as a surprise of course. She was delighted and it made such an impression she has no idea where it is right now and could really care less. Whew! So, to recap. I gave Emerson the fast food equivalent of crack. She loved it and ate every nugget and every apple wedge. And I still have not and will not utter that word- McD*(*@%#$*&.
I was a low day for me, but we have to do what we have to do. Right?

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Jack ate french fries and a hamburger. It was Brandy's fault. I met her for lunch before we went to the carnival in Denham. Jack loved it. Frfry, Mommy, Frfry. Mmmmm...