Wednesday, December 9, 2015

LSU vs Ole Miss

Well, I don't have to tell you how this turned out and believe me, I was just as miserable being there!!  Scott and Amanda own a home in Oxford, within walking distance to the Stadium.  We had planned this weekend for months and Emerson was beside herself to spend the weekend in Oxford with her "cousins".  I had spent a crazy hectic week running the Book Fair at school, so this weekend was going to be a much needed break for all of us. As soon as I got Book Fair torn down, we checked Em out of school a little early and hit to the road for Jackson.  Made it there in great time and hung out there until 6ish.  Around Grenada, MS I realized I had left our hanging clothes in BR.  Yes, that's right, my coat, Denny's pants and his button down shirt we were going to wear to the game.  Emerson had all her clothes thank goodness.  We pieced stuff together for game day, but wanted to be a little more Purple and Gold.  We packed for 50 degree weather but it never made it there.  IT WAS SO COLD!  And remember... I forgot my coat.  Oh and it rained. Weather conditions aside, we tailgated in The Grove and Emerson and the girls had a ball running around.  Someone got to run around with 2 older girls who had cell phones.  She thought she was pretty hot stuff!
 









I will admit that at one point we were buying Ole Miss items to keep warm.  At least we were numb  and couldn't feel the tremendous, embarrassing loss! What a fun time considering. Emerson will never forget this weekend with Bella and Avery in Oxford!

No comments: