Thursday, October 30, 2014

Halloween Parties

If you know us, you know we love us some Halloween. We are invited to an annual Halloween Party each year and everyone dresses up.  As much as I love Halloween, I am frugal where costumes are concerned.  I love the thrill and creativity of putting together and making parts or all of a costume myself and refuse to pay in upwards of $100 for any costume!
So this year Emerson wanted to be a bat.  She just had her mind made up and their was no convincing her to be part of a family costume.  And she also had a very clear idea of what she wanted it to look like.  Wonder where that comes from...  So, here is our bat!  Cost less than $30 and the shirt and skirt can be worn again!


 And here we are. Do you know who we are? All Denny's idea.  I just had to execute.  Both of our suits came from Goodwill and each was less than $10.  Yes, that's correct...  The black crows came from the Dollar Tree on Siegen Lane as did my blond wig.  Birds were .99 each and the wig was $8. Fake blood came from the party store for $3.00.  I may still have blisters on my fingers from sewing all those damn birds on, because hot glue just would not hold them on. 


I guess I could always reuse the suit to dress up as Mama from Mama's Family next year...  Bonus!

No comments: