Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving 2010

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. We did. It was low-key for us for once. We had lunch at my parents house then actually got to come home where we hosted Thanksgiving dinner for Denny's parents, Ann and Mallory. It was so nice to not be running the streets going place to place. Emerson had a "Journal of Thanks" that she made at school and her homework for over the break was to have her friends and family fill out her journal with their thoughts on Thanksgiving and what they are thankful for. She got into her assignment for sure and it made Denny and I realize what we are the most thankful is probably what we take for granted most often.


I will try and do a better job of posting and I have lots to post, but am short on time to sit down and do it. I have been so crazy busy with cookies the last few weeks any spare time I have had has gone to baking or decorating. I am not complaining, just wondering what I have done to myself and if I should hire a crew to help. Emerson told me to tell Eli, our Elf on the Shelf, to ask Santa for help. Needless to say there are no elves in my kitchen right now. I delivered 12 dozen this morning and will mail or deliver a remaining 5 dozen this week. Grateful to have the business, but frightful of getting it all done and balancing this with family, Christmas decorating, Christmas shopping, the laundry, sleeping... Luckily, Denny is a great Dad and has taken up the slack the last few days.
Will post more soon. I hope.

No comments: