Wednesday, August 11, 2010

On my 40th birthday

I do not typically care much about birthdays and getting older, but this one is a pretty big milestone I guess. I woke up this morning so thankful for a wonderful family, daughter, circle of friends and especially husband. At 40 there are so many things I have learned in my life that I pray Emerson will know at this milestone in hers.

Emerson, may you know friendship. True friendship that makes you giggle and laugh at something not so funny and cry when it hurts your feeling and makes you think the world is coming to an end. True friendship is rare and I hope you have at least one you can count on no matter what. I know I do! I want you to have a strong sense of self and know exactly what you want. I want you to know how to ask for guidance, but understand it is you that will make the choice. May you own your words AND actions and understand there are consequences for both. May you learn that there are very few things in life that are actually out of your control.

I hope you love with all the passion in you and fight with it as well. I want you to learn to walk away. Know that is okay to walk away from something that is toxic in your life and there will be many.

Most importantly today, I want you to know that I love you and I am so thankful for you. There is nothing I would not do for you. You gave me great joy today and I thank you.


Denny, you surprised me! You are so thoughtful. Thank you again. I love you!

No comments: